How to Help

What do I say to a child who tells me he/she is being abused?

I believe you.
I’m glad you told me.
I’m sorry this happened to you.
It’s not your fault.
You are not to blame.

What should I do?

Call 911

Report the abuse to your local police department or sheriff’s office.

Or Call Child Protective Services at (541) 440-3373

Ask for a child abuse screener.
Have information: child’s name and abuse disclosed
You do not have to give your name.

For questions about Douglas C.A.R.E.S, child abuse reporting, or how you can help, please contact us at 541-957-5646 or email

For further information about volunteering with us, please visit the Volunteer page on this website.

Wish List

  • Individually packed children’s snacks
  • Gift Cards to Costco, Target, Fred Meyer, JoAnn’s
  • Gas Cards for $5-$10
  • Office needs
  • Staples gift cards, toilet paper, disinfectant spray, disinfectant wipes.

  • Office supplies
  • First-class postage stamps, dry erase boards and pens

  • Games
  • Uno, Monopoly, Sorry, Yahtzee

  • Toys
  • Appropriate children’s books and videos
  • Diapers

Volunteer Opportunities

  • Preparing Family Packets
  • Building Maintenance
  • Data Entry
  • Family Follow-Up
  • Fundraising
  • Donations
  • Grant Writing
  • Prepare Files
  • Yard Maintenance
  • Volunteer Recruitment
  • Sanitizing Toys
  • Event Help
  • Mass Mailings
  • Community Education/Presentations
  • Thank you letters/Announcements
  • Front Desk/Filing/Answering Phones
  • Holiday Decorating

“Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children.”

Diana, Princess of Wales